Sep 18, 2010

What Is It That You Do? A Beginning In Self-Discovery

Today I was asked twice, "What is it that you do?" And sadly, I was baffled at the question because I didn't know how to answer the question. As far as I knew, I did nothing and I was nothing. I was nothing and then I was everything. I didn't know how to answer that because my life was empty and yet so full at the same time. By faith I had everything and I had arrived but in the natural… my bank account was in the negative, my health wasn't superior, my home was empty, I live in a tiny efficiency, no cable, no phone, no car and no job. All I could say was, I don't know. Then I was asked, "What do like to do? I said, I "Everything!" I wanted to do so many things in my 25 years of life and grown as a person but no body ever gave me the chance. I was always kept back from succeeding in activities at school and I have been let go from every job I've ever had.

It's come to me that God was asking, "Child, now that I have freed you from the bonds of slavery, what do you do?" My answer is… I EMPOWER PEOPLE. If all I have is a word to give you then this is it. I choose to only define myself by what I was created to do. Not what man says my profession is. Man says my profession will "employ" me. Employ means to send off and go somewhere. And they the un-employ me? No. I do what I was created to do. Spread my God given power to other people in every thing I do. When we leave this earth and God ask us what have we done, I seriously doubt he want a reading of our resume. He will want to know who we were while we were here. So let me ask you... Who Are You & What Is It That You Do? Really...

No comments:

Post a Comment


Bio

My photo
Downtown LA, CA
Alexa King is an extremely talented 24 year creative genius behind the My Thick Is Sexy project. This fabulous fashionista has in currently developing 4 different projects to help motivate the minds of America's women. Currently Alexa is a freelance runway model for the ever growing plus-size industry. She looks forward to using her walk and her voice to blaze light into dark places.